The Society for Personality Assessment is dedicated to the development of methods of personality assessment, the advancement of research on their effectiveness, the exchange of ideas about the theory and practice of assessment and the promotion of the applied practice of personality assessment.
With 1000 international members, we are the largest organization in the world with this focus. Our membership is varied and includes clinicians in private practice, forensic assessors, researchers in private and public settings and educators in academic settings. SPA focuses on the unique needs and interests of its members by:
- Offering Annual Meetings and publications tailored to their needs and interests
- Providing opportunities to meet colleagues and develop professional relationships
- Promoting research in personality assessment
- Actively advocating for legislative issues on behalf of personality assessment
- Fostering professional and education development
- Supporting students with research and travel grants
Membership in SPA offers many benefits - Subscription to the Journal of Personality Assessment, Research, Advocacy, Interest Groups, Exchange Newsletter, Annual Convention and more!
Receive 6 Issues of the prestigious JPA Journal each year.
Would you like to be more involved? Join an SPA Interest Group today - six groups to choose from!